at Squashed Robot Films
Join the Award winning team at Squashed Robot Films! We are passionate about making content which fulfils a purpose, we approach each project with an inquisitive attitude, whether this is animation, photography or video, no matter how big or small. We believe every team member should love what they do and where they work!
We are big believers in constant learning and improvement, exploring individual passion and honing skills. We would love for all of our staff to have the same drive and willingness to push the boundaries of their understanding and technical knowledge or exploring new skills or techniques.
The Squashed Robot Films team is relatively small but has shown significant growth since it was first established a few short years ago. Our growth has been thanks to a creatively driven and client focussed approach. The in house team is currently 9 strong and we also work with a number of freelancers from a range of disciplines.
Job Specification / Description
Head of Post Production
£28,000+ (dependent on experience)
About the role:
We are looking for a Head of Post Production to join the fun, friendly and ever growing Squashed Robot team. If you think you’ve got what it takes then we want to meet you!!
The Squashed Robot team is currently 11 strong and growing all of the time, our clients range from broadcasters to fashion brands, software companies and everything in between – despite being an ambitious company looking to grow, we are proud of our culture, with everybody within the business feeling like a valued member of the Squashed Robot family.
- Coordinating post-production workflow
- Ensuring deadlines are met
- Liaising with creative account managers to ensure delivery to spec, deadline and quality level
- Managing the edit & post-production team efficiently
- Supporting with recruitment and training of new post-production team members
- Developing the skills and competency level of the whole team
- Training and development in technical skills and processes
- Maintaining existing processes and developing processes where required
- Working with creative account managers to spec jobs and ensure appropriate budgets
- Updating and maintaining project management software (monday.com)
- Ingesting and Archiving process are managed and correctly completed
This is a senior position so will command a salary of upwards of £28,000 PA (dependent on experience, track record and current knowledge base).
Squashed Robot is a firm believer in personal development and career progression – this will be dictated by your skill, passion and performance with multiple routes to develop your career through the business.
Continued Professional Development
As mentioned above we expect all of our staff (and Directors) to continually improve and develop their skills over time. We expect an ongoing level of this to happen both formally in terms of specific training, attending courses (either physically or online) and self motivated training and development such as watching relevant YouTube videos and reading relevant articles. This is particularly applicable to continually developed software applications, camera technology and filming techniques.
In the first instance we would suggest that this CPD would focus on developing your understanding of the current equipment most regularly used at Squashed Robot.
Ideally we would like to hear anything that interests you so that we can ensure the program of development is tailored to your interests.
- 28 days paid holiday which includes bank holidays with 3 additional days between Christmas and New Year
- Working in a fun and innovative team
- Based at HQ in Cheltenham Town Centre on Royal Crescent
- Company Pension Scheme
- Career progression
- Free unlimited coffee
- Full team birthday meal for all staff
- Team Activities
- Salary from £28,000+ dependant on experience level
- Industry experience of several years, ideally with managerial experience
- A passion for creative video editing, motion graphics and animation
- Driven individual who is excited by ongoing challenges of a fast-growing business
- Organisational skills and willingness to do what it takes to get projects completed on time and to the highest standards
- Ability to solve technical and creative issues
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication Skills
- Experience of Davinci Resolve NLE and Colour Studio
- Experience of the Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Premiere, After Effects and
Creating content with purpose
We think strategically to create engaging video and photography which delivers results
Social Media Content
Broadcast TV Content
Social Media Content
Broadcast TV Content